Monday, January 11, 2010

WTF is FTW

Anyone notice how chat speak appears to grow by day? Granted, it's probably saved me some time in posting something, but where do we make a cutoff?

I mean, I've seen it on more and more forums. It isn't even just for the kiddies anymore. I've seen a few adults that are probably as old as your Grandpa using it. Not 'zactly funky fresh as you'd expect, fo shizzle.


There appear to be new words... EVERYDAY! LOL, ROFL, IMHO, LAWL, LMAO, and a whole slue more of 'em. Makes me wonder why I was such a good boy with me 'reedin and 'rythmatic up until now.

I understand it's a good method of saving time but still getting your point across, but where does it stop? I mean, will I see ILY in Greeting Cards? Will I see it in business reports? Where does this stop?

The internet pretty much gets an F for keeping us tride and true to what we learn in school. Granted, I use some as well, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather type out an entire sentence in cases, and spell most words without google's help.

Could be wrong, but this is what I believe, IMHO... Oh damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment